Careers with RMHC-KC
PART-time Volunteer Coordinator —Kansas City, MO
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kansas City (RMHC-KC) has a part-time Volunteer Coordinator position available. If you are a person who loves being part of a committed team and enjoys interaction with a diverse group of people, we would like to hear from you!
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for providing oversight and support of the volunteer meal program to ensure that the organization is utilizing resources and community connections to fully support the mission.
A Day in the Life of the Volunteer Coordinator
- Provides coordination for all aspects of the volunteer program, including recruitment and scheduling of volunteer groups, notifying them of expectations and guidelines.
- Ensures “critical” meals are filled daily/weekly/annually.
- Provides weekly meal updates, proactively collaborates with the Volunteer Manager and team to ensure meal gaps are filled.
- Acts as liaison to the community and corporations that are interested in participating in the volunteer program to inform them of the various opportunities within volunteerism.
- Maintains scheduling and calendar databases for the volunteer program.
- Ensures appropriate and adequate tracking and reporting of group volunteer information, contacts and action items, including monthly reports to supervisor.
- Delivers a “thanking culture” to volunteers to ensure groups are properly acknowledged and engaged in the mission.
- Provides ongoing support with managing a variety of online scheduling systems.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One year prior, relevant administrative support experience with excellent customer service skills
- Competency in a variety of Microsoft and Google computer applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Docs, Sheets, Google email, etc…as well as an ability to quickly learn and operate agency volunteer database applications
- Ability to work independently and initiate solutions to problems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and a strong desire to work with people
- Must demonstrate good judgment, good decision-making ability, creativity and dependability
- Must exhibit good organization and planning and be able to provide direction and support
- Proven time management, prioritization and organizational skills to handle a high volume of volunteer inquiries and requests
- Able to handle difficult situations with confidence and compassion
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Two year degree in Business or Social Service-related field
- Two to four years prior, relevant administrative support experience in a social service or development/fund-raising environment
Part-time day schedule, average of 20 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Who We Are
Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) has helped millions of families with sick children find comfort and support when they need it most. Our programs, tailored to meet the urgent needs of each community, can now be found in more than 64 countries and regions across the globe.
Since 1974, RMHC has created programs that strengthen families during difficult times. RMHC provides vital resources and compassionate care to children and their families being served by leading hospitals worldwide. Core RMHC programs — Ronald McDonald Houses, Ronald McDonald Family Rooms, and Ronald McDonald Care Mobiles — provide access to health care and enable family-centered care.
The mission of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kansas City (RMHC-KC) is to reduce the burden of childhood illness on children and their families. We do this by keeping families close to their sick children when they are receiving medical care at Kansas City-area hospitals. On any given night, RMHC-KC serves 87 families. Last year, we provided lodging to 7,685 families and supported more than 60,000 visits from inpatients and their families at our Ronald McDonald Family Room within Children’s Mercy. By providing a comfortable place to stay, warm meals and other supportive services, RMHC-KC works to keep families together during a difficult time. Families staying at RMHC-KC will experience a safe, peaceful environment so they can focus on what’s most important: their child’s health.
For over 38 years, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kansas City has helped alleviate the worry and expense of finding a close, comfortable and affordable place for families to stay while their child receives the medical care they need. That can make a world of difference to a child bravely battling an illness or recovering from a serious injury.
Reasons to Join Our Team
We Put Families First– All things begin with our families so we are committed to treating our guests better than they expect by being courteous and kind. We are all ambassadors and smile a lot.
We Give Our Best– We value positive and professional attitudes. We believe personal energy and drive help overcome organizational challenges and take advantage of improvement opportunities in resourceful and accountable ways.
We Are Compassionate – We act in a caring and inclusive way towards all guests, volunteers and co-workers, regardless of relationships to them and without regard to any individual differences.
We Collaborate– We support one another in the delivery of our mission. Team is important and we are committed to helping each other provide the best for our guests. Communication is highly valued.
We Celebrate– We cheer each other on and encourage the success of others. We focus on appreciating and recognizing wins.
Submit a cover letter AND resume to:
(Submissions without these items may not be considered)
RMHC-KC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, or any other status protected by law.