We are currently soliciting cover letters and resumes for the following position:
Overnight Family Services Manager
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kansas City, Inc. (RMHC-KC) has a full time Overnight Family Services Manager position available. If you are a person who loves being part of a committed team and enjoys interaction with a diverse group of people, we would like to hear from you!
Status: Full time (40 hours per week)
Schedule: Overnight on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (four 10-hour shifts).
Please send cover letter and resume to: HR@rmhckc.org
The Family Services Manager is responsible for maintaining a home-like, supportive atmosphere of extraordinary, compassionate and gracious hospitality, ensuring that services and programs are provided in a manner consistent with RMHC-KC policies and core values. The Manager ensures that Family Services Coordinators on their team deliver consistently excellent services to RMHC-KC guest families.
Key Duties of the Overnight Family Services Manager:
- Maintains and supports a culture of excellence and positivity for RMHC-KC families and staff by modeling leadership principles with a sense of compassion, integrity and grace.
- Supports and carries out RMHC-KC’s Mission: “To reduce the burden of childhood illness on children and their families.”
- Trains, coaches, and supervises team of Overnight Family Services Coordinators, ensuring their understanding and compliance with RMHC-KC policies, procedures and core values. Encourages staff to strive toward programmatic goals regarding efficiency, occupancy, and guest satisfaction.
- Provides leadership and empowerment to all program support staff, allowing them to grow professionally within RMHC-KC.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with RMHC-KC’s policies and applicable laws including interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising introductory and annual performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems in an effective, timely manner.
- Monitors and ensures proper enforcement of program rules. Ensures the safety and security of guests and staff by addressing challenging guest family situations in a professional manner, always focusing on the safety, security, and well-being of guest families, staff, and volunteers.
- Performs quality control checks, including arrival and departure audits of guest rooms and common areas, to ensure a high level of cleanliness and consistency with RMHC-KC’s standards. Collaborates with the Facilities department to coordinate necessary maintenance and repairs, ensuring services are as least disruptive to guests as possible, in accordance with RMHC-KC procedures.
- Immediately responds to guest complaints, taking prompt and appropriate action to resolve problems and ensure RMHC-KC’s standards are maintained.
- Provides relief front desk coverage, on an as needed basis, by greeting and welcoming families, guests and visitors. Explains program rules, room donation policy and role of staff and volunteers in serving and supporting families.
- Coordinates with the Volunteer Manager to properly supervise programs volunteers by ensuring that they understand RMHC-KC’s commitment to guest service and that they observe standards of conduct, rules, safety regulations, and program policies while onsite.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Candidates must have 5 years of management experience to be considered. Bachelor’s Degree in social services, business, or hospitality management preferred. May be substituted by three years relevant work experience and/or training managing residential facilities. Demonstrated ability in leading, motivating, and managing staff required. Experience with social service or hospitality environments in which customer service and satisfaction are priorities, required. Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required. Proficiency with Google applications including Gmail, Google Calendar, and Google Docs preferred. Spanish-speakers strongly encouraged to apply
Reasons to Join Our Team:
- We Put Families First – All things begin with our families so we are committed to treating our guests better than they expect by being courteous and kind. We are all ambassadors and smile a lot.
- We Give Our Best – We value positive and professional attitudes. We believe personal energy and drive help overcome organizational challenges and take advantage of improvement opportunities in resourceful and accountable ways.
- We Are Compassionate and Respectful – We act in caring and inclusive way towards all guests, volunteers and co-workers, regardless of individual differences. We honor and celebrate the diversity our people and our programs.
- We Collaborate – We support one another in the delivery of our mission. Team is important and we are committed to helping each other provide the best for our guests. Communication is highly valued.
- We Celebrate – We cheer each other on and encourage the success of others. We focus on appreciating and recognizing wins.
Who We Are:
Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) has helped millions of families with sick children find comfort and support when they need it most. Our programs, tailored to meet the urgent needs of each community, can now be found in more than 65 countries and regions across the globe.
Since 1974, RMHC has created programs that strengthen families during difficult times. RMHC provides vital resources and compassionate care to children and their families being served by leading hospitals worldwide. Core RMHC programs — Ronald McDonald Houses, Ronald McDonald Family Rooms, and Ronald McDonald Care Mobiles — provide access to health care and enable family-centered care.
The mission of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kansas City (RMHC-KC) is to reduce the burden of childhood illness on children and their families. We do this by keeping families close to their sick children when they are receiving medical care at Kansas City-area hospitals. On any given night, RMHC-KC serves 87 families. Last year, we provided lodging to over 2,000 families and supported visits from inpatients and their families at our Ronald McDonald Family Room within Children’s Mercy. By providing a comfortable place to stay, warm meals and other supportive services, RMHC-KC works to keep families together during a difficult time. Families staying at RMHC-KC will experience a safe, peaceful environment so they can focus on what’s most important: their child’s health. For over 39 years, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kansas City has helped alleviate the worry and expense of finding a close, comfortable and affordable place for families to stay while their child receives the medical care they need. That can make a world of difference to a child bravely battling an illness or recovering from a serious injury.
RMHC-KC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and/or any other status protected by law