Thanks for your interest in employment opportunities with Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kansas City (RMHC-KC). We have several Family Services Coordinator positions available – one full time position, one weekend part-time position, and multiple PRN overnight positions. If you are a person who loves being part of a committed team and enjoys interaction with a diverse group of people, we would like to hear from you!
FULL TIME Family Services Coordinator, 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm
PART TIME Family Services Coordinator, 16 hours per week, Saturday & Sunday, 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm
PRN Overnight Family Services Coordinators (several positions open), average 8-16 hours per week, overnight 11:00 pm – 7:00 am.
Please email your cover letter and resume to HR@rmhckc.org
Family Services Coordinators are responsible for providing gracious and compassionate hospitality to families with sick children, ensuring the continuation of guest services, maintaining the cleanliness and order of the facility, and ensuring the safety and security of residents within the facility. Services may be provided at the RMHC-KC Family Room, located within Children’s Mercy Hospital, and/or one of the three houses on the RMHC-KC campus.
A Day in the Life of a Family Services Coordinator
- Greets and registers families checking in and out, ensuring they are comfortable with their room assignment and policies of the house during their stay.
- Assists families during their stay by answering questions, providing information, and resolving problems.
- Ensures that rooms are clean and ready for newly arriving families.
- Answers and responds to telephone and email inquiries; provides information to visitors and families.
- Supervises and assists volunteer groups with providing family meals, as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Social Services, or Hospitality Services preferred
- Two (2) to Five (5) years relevant work experience and/or training in Social Service or Hospitality environments in which customer service and satisfaction are priorities
- Prior work experience in a 24/7 residential facility preferred
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications and Google email
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Interest in working with families and children
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and a strong desire to work with people
- Ability to pay close attention to details with the capability to oversee multiple areas simultaneously, within a fast-paced environment
- Able to handle difficult situations with discretion, confidence and compassion
- As an employee providing direct services to the public, must be in good health and free of tuberculosis. Other vaccinations may be required
- Spanish-speakers strongly encouraged to apply
Reasons to Join Our Team
- We Put Families First – All things begin with our families so we are committed to treating our guests better than they expect by being courteous and kind. We are all ambassadors and smile a lot.
- We Give Our Best – We value positive and professional attitudes. We believe personal energy and drive help overcome organizational challenges and take advantage of improvement opportunities in resourceful and accountable ways.
- We Are Compassionate and Respectful – We act in caring and inclusive way towards all guests, volunteers and co-workers, regardless of individual differences. We honor and celebrate the diversity our people and our programs.
- We Collaborate – We support one another in the delivery of our mission. Team is important and we are committed to helping each other provide the best for our guests. Communication is highly valued.
- We Celebrate – We cheer each other on and encourage the success of others. We focus on appreciating and recognizing wins.
Who We Are
Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) has helped millions of families with sick children find comfort and support when they need it most. Our programs, tailored to meet the urgent needs of each community, can now be found in more than 65 countries and regions across the globe.
Since 1974, RMHC has created programs that strengthen families during difficult times. RMHC provides vital resources and compassionate care to children and their families being served by leading hospitals worldwide. Core RMHC programs — Ronald McDonald Houses, Ronald McDonald Family Rooms, and Ronald McDonald Care Mobiles — provide access to health care and enable family-centered care.
The mission of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kansas City (RMHC-KC) is to reduce the burden of childhood illness on children and their families. We do this by keeping families close to their sick children when they are receiving medical care at Kansas City-area hospitals. On any given night, RMHC-KC serves 87 families. Last year, we provided lodging to over 2,000 families and supported visits from inpatients and their families at our Ronald McDonald Family Room within Children’s Mercy. By providing a comfortable place to stay, warm meals and other supportive services, RMHC-KC works to keep families together during a difficult time. Families staying at RMHC-KC will experience a safe, peaceful environment so they can focus on what’s most important: their child’s health. For over 39 years, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kansas City has helped alleviate the worry and expense of finding a close, comfortable and affordable place for families to stay while their child receives the medical care they need. That can make a world of difference to a child bravely battling an illness or recovering from a serious injury.
RMHC-KC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and/or any other status protected by law.