Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kansas City (RMHC-KC) has a multiple positions available within our Programs department. If you are a person who loves being part of a committed team and enjoys interaction with a diverse group of people, we would like to hear from you!
Reasons to Join Our Team
- We Put Families First– All things begin with our families so we are committed to treating our guests better than they expect by being courteous and kind. We are all ambassadors and smile a lot.
- We Give Our Best– We value positive and professional attitudes. We believe personal energy and drive help overcome organizational challenges and take advantage of improvement opportunities in resourceful and accountable ways.
- We Are Compassionate – We act in a caring and inclusive way towards all guests, volunteers and co-workers, regardless of relationships to them and without regard to any individual differences.
- We Collaborate– We support one another in the delivery of our mission. Team is important and we are committed to helping each other provide the best for our guests. Communication is highly valued.
- We Celebrate– We cheer each other on and encourage the success of others. We focus on appreciating and recognizing wins.
Who We Are
Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) has helped millions of families with sick children find comfort and support when they need it most. Our programs, tailored to meet the urgent needs of each community, can now be found in more than 64 countries and regions across the globe.
Since 1974, RMHC has created programs that strengthen families during difficult times. RMHC provides vital resources and compassionate care to children and their families being served by leading hospitals worldwide. Core RMHC programs — Ronald McDonald Houses, Ronald McDonald Family Rooms, and Ronald McDonald Care Mobiles — provide access to health care and enable family-centered care.
The mission of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kansas City (RMHC-KC) is to reduce the burden of childhood illness on children and their families. We do this by keeping families close to their sick children when they are receiving medical care at Kansas City-area hospitals. On any given night, RMHC-KC serves 87 families. Last year, we provided lodging to 7,685 families and supported more than 60,000 visits from inpatients and their families at our Ronald McDonald Family Room within Children’s Mercy. By providing a comfortable place to stay, warm meals and other supportive services, RMHC-KC works to keep families together during a difficult time. Families staying at RMHC-KC will experience a safe, peaceful environment so they can focus on what’s most important: their child’s health.
For over 38 years, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kansas City has helped alleviate the worry and expense of finding a close, comfortable and affordable place for families to stay while their child receives the medical care they need. That can make a world of difference to a child bravely battling an illness or recovering from a serious injury.
RMHC-KC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, or any other status protected by law.
Full-time Family Services Coordinator (OVERNIGHT Shift)—Kansas City, MO
Family Services Coordinators are responsible for the continuation of guest services, maintaining the cleanliness and order of the house, and ensuring the safety and security of residents within the house during evening hours.
The schedule for this position is 11:00 pm to 7:00 am (Sunday – Thursday)
A Day in the Life of a Family Services Coordinator
- Greets and registers families checking in and out, ensuring they are comfortable with their room assignment and policies of the house during their stay.
- Assists families during their stay by answering questions, providing information, and resolving problems.
- Ensures that rooms are clean and ready for newly arriving families.
- Answers the phone and responds to inquiries; provides information to callers, visitors and families.
- Ensures the house is always secure.
- Assists volunteer groups with providing family meals, as needed.
- Reports maintenance and security problems to ensure they are handled promptly.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
High School diploma or equivalent required. Two (2) years relevant work experience and/or training in Social Service or Hospitality environments in which customer service and satisfaction are priorities, required. Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word is required.
- Demonstrate commitment to RMHC-KC’s mission and core values.
- Demonstrate a collaborative style, strong work ethic, interpersonal skills, excellent attention to detail, and knowledge and enthusiasm for the job.
- Effectively present information to groups and individuals through verbal and written formats.
- Demonstrate the ability to recognize, understand, accept and appreciate the value of workplace diversity; respect the practices, values, and points of view of other individuals and groups. Be able to communicate with a diverse group of staff, volunteers and guests from various professional backgrounds.
- Be organized, able to multi-task and set priorities.
- Pay close attention to details with the capability to oversee multiple areas simultaneously, within a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate flexibility with unexpected priority changes and maintain composure under stress.
- Demonstrate discretion and compassion when dealing with family, guest and staff concerns.
- Express ability to complete activities/projects in a timely manner, on or before scheduled deadlines, with minimal errors.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of RMHC-KC policies, program procedures, and successfully enforce and explain policies and procedures to guests, staff, and volunteers as needed.
- Become proficient in the use of RMHC’s “Family Registry” scheduling software and “S2 NetVR” video management and access control system
- Maintain confidentiality of all family, guest, staff and volunteer information.
- Travel throughout the RMHC-KC’s campus, including the RMHC-KC Family Room Program
- As a professional working within a social service environment, must be in good physical health and free from Tuberculosis, as verified by TB testing.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Bilingual fluency in written and oral Spanish/English; proficiency with Google applications including Gmail, Google Calendar, and Google Docs preferred; prior work experience in a 24/7 residential facility; Bachelor’s Degree in Social Services, Business, or Hospitality Management; five (5) years relevant, prior social service experience; and evening and weekend availability preferred.
OVERNIGHT Shift—11:00 pm to 7:00 am (Sunday – Thursday)
Submit a cover letter AND resume to: https://outsourcingcareers-omniemployment.icims.com/jobs/2631/full-time-family-service-coordinator-(overnight-shift)/job?mobile=false&width=1063&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-360&jun1offset=-300
(Submissions without these items may not be considered)