We welcome you and your family with comfort and support.
Who can stay at the Houses?
To qualify to stay, families should meet all of these requirements:
- Families of a patient(s) who is 21 years or younger
- Patient is receiving pediatric treatment at a Kansas City metro area hospital.
- Families must be referred from the current medical facility in which their child is receiving care.
- If a family has stayed in the last three years, they can request their own stay by clicking the “Return Family Referral” link.
- Priority is given to families who live more than 35 miles from the facility where they are receiving pediatric care.
What is provided during your stay at the Ronald McDonald House:
- One private room, per patient, with up to 6 guests per room
- Roll-away cots, cribs, or bassinets are available upon request
- Private bath and shower in each guest room
- Kitchen with complimentary snacks and meals provided by the community
- Complimentary laundry and recreational facilities
- TV lounge areas, reading nooks, and outdoor spaces
- Off-street parking
- Computer access and free WiFi
A criminal background check is performed on all referred guests. Without exception, no individual with a criminal history of violence, sexual misconduct, or abuse of a child is eligible to stay at the House. Generally, any person with a felony conviction will not be eligible, but individuals may apply for an exception by submitting this form after a referral request has been submitted.