Facilities and Construction Project Manager
This position will play a mission critical role in ensuring the successful execution of construction projects and maintaining the efficient operations of the charity’s facilities. This position will oversee the planning, execution, and completion of construction projects, as well as manage the ongoing maintenance and safety of our campus and building operations. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in construction management, project oversight, and facility management, along with excellent communication, leadership skills and a commitment to the mission of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kansas City.
Construction and Project Management
- Act as the main point of contact, execute negotiations and lead processes for all major construction projects and campus improvement projects, liaising between the charity, contractors, architects, and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with project teams to develop project plans, schedules, and budgets, ensuring alignment with the charity’s goals and objectives.
- Serve on the Board of Director’s Expansion Committee.
- Monitor and review construction project progress, identifying potential issues and propose specific solutions to keep projects on track.
- Conduct regular site visits to inspect construction work, verify compliance with plans and specifications, and ensure high quality workmanship.
- Handle necessary permitting, initiate, and engage with the city of Kansas City on any issues and conversations.
- Review and approve change orders, payment requests and other project documentation.
Facility/ Campus Oversight
- Manage the day-to-day and long-term maintenance of the Ronald McDonald House campus with the facilities team. This includes overall operation, maintenance, and safety of the charity’s campus, including buildings, grounds, parking lots/areas and equipment.
- Supervise the facilities staff and volunteers; put a staffing pipeline plan in place for succession planning.
- Ensure efficient facilities maintenance, including electronically inputting work orders, managing of the timely completion of work orders, reviewing the satisfactory completion of work orders, and developing reports that will help monitor the work order process and identify ongoing maintenance concerns for review. Oversee maintenance volunteers and facilities team by prioritizing and delegating work orders. Monitor results and follow up as needed.
- Develop and implement preventative maintenance programs to ensure the long-term functionality and sustainability for all facilities including but not limited to mechanical systems, buildings, vehicles, equipment, grounds, garden and landscaping.
- Oversee, plan, and initiate the facilities’ technology, repairs, renovations, and upgrades, building codes, and safety standards, taking corrective actions as needed.
- Collaborate with CEO to determine budget needs. Use financial data to guide decision making. Keep a financial perspective and the best interests of the charity at the forefront when making budget and financial decisions. Properly forecast and manage labor and materials expenses.
- Maintain accurate records of facility maintenance, inspections, and repairs.
- Support campus security by managing the cameras, gates, and key fob system. Work with contractors on any camera/fob issues, installations, or maintenance.
- Communicate effectively with charity leadership, board members, and staff to provide updates on construction projects and facility-related matters.
- Prepare and present reports on project status, budget utilization, and facility performance and relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborate with internal teams to address their facility needs and ensure a comfortable and functional environment.
Education, Experience and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, Facilities Management or a related field. Experience can be used in lieu of a degree.
- Proven experience (10 years+) in construction project management, with a track record of successfully delivering projects on time and within budget.
- Strong understanding of construction processes, building codes, and industry standards.
- Experience in managing and maintaining facilities, including knowledge of HVAC systems, electrical systems, plumbing and general building systems and maintenance.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with internal teams, contractors, and other stakeholders.
- Proficiency in project management software, computer-aided design (CAD) tools, and facility management software.
- Relevant certifications (e.g., Project Management Professional, Certified Facility Manager) are a plus.
- Knowledge of sustainability practices and energy-efficient building systems is desirable.
- Competitive salary based on experience.Comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, and vision insurance. 401k plans and
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, sick and floating holiday time.
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact within a dynamic, well established, growing charity.
If you are a motivated and experienced professional with a passion for construction management, facility oversight, and philanthropy, we encourage you to apply. Join our team and contribute to our mission to reduce the burden of childhood illness on sick children and their families.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and why you’re interested in this role to Monique Todd, HR Manager at [email protected]