Stay With Us
Ronald McDonald House guests must be referred by a Kansas City medical facility social worker or designated nurse clinician and have a patient with an admission/appointment date before their 21st birthday. If you meet that description, or if you’re a family that has stayed with us before, you can request a room by filling out the form here:
NOTE: During the COVID-19 pandemic, we are requiring all referrals to come through your hospital’s social work program or healthcare provider. Please contact them to apply to stay.
Priority is given to families living 35 miles or more outside of Kansas City to ensure there is room available to those families traveling a considerable distance for their child’s medical care.
It is our pleasure to provide you with a home away from home while you are staying in Kansas City.
Here’s what you can expect while staying at the Ronald McDonald House:
One private bedroom per family (room sizes vary, sleeping as many as 6 people, a limited number of roll-aways and cribs are available)
- Private bath and shower facilities
- Kitchen, laundry, and recreation facilities
- TV lounge, reading room, outdoor porch and grill
- Pantry items, fresh foods and prepared meals provided by the community
- Off-street parking for one vehicle
- Friendly and supportive environment with other families experiencing similar stresses and concerns
- Computer and Internet access
A criminal background check is performed on all referred guests. Without exception, no individual with a criminal history of violence, sexual misconduct, or abuse of a child is eligible to stay at the House. Generally, any person with a felony conviction will not be eligible, but individuals may apply for an exception by submitting this form after a referral request has been submitted.